Why won’t anyone adopt a subway station? In a clarion call to the private sector last year, Gov. Andrew Cuomo urged big businesses to adopt one of New York City’s grubby subway stations and lavish it with care. Fifteen months later, his Metropolitan Transportation Authority has yet to announce a single station adoption, a result that may have something to do with the unappealing prospect of aligning one’s corporate brand with a system that’s proven a magnet for bad headlines. “How ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Crossrail: A Hole New World (00:08, 12 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (19:24, 11 December 2018)
- ngh on Back to the Future: (Re)lengthening and Shortening at Waterloo (07:07, 11 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (23:03, 9 December 2018)
- Man of Kent on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (21:04, 9 December 2018)