THE French state will provide €30m to modernise rolling stock used on the country’s two remaining overnight trains and ensure their continued operation into the next decade, transport minister Mrs Elisabeth Borne announced during a visit to the Hautes-Alpes region on September 22. The Paris – Briançon and Paris – Rodez/Latour-de-Carol Intercités de Nuit couchette services operated by French National Railways (SNCF) were the only overnight trains to survive the government’s 2016 ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- AlanBG on Mind the Gender Gap: The Hidden Data Gap in Transport (13:40, 19 May 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (13:01, 19 May 2019)
- Greg Tingey on West London Line cocooned by Earls Court development (09:39, 19 May 2019)
- rational plan on Monday’s Friday Reads – 13 May 2019 (15:21, 18 May 2019)
- timbeau on Friday Reads – 17 May 2019 (07:42, 18 May 2019)