THE French state will provide €30m to modernise rolling stock used on the country’s two remaining overnight trains and ensure their continued operation into the next decade, transport minister Mrs Elisabeth Borne announced during a visit to the Hautes-Alpes region on September 22. The Paris – Briançon and Paris – Rodez/Latour-de-Carol Intercités de Nuit couchette services operated by French National Railways (SNCF) were the only overnight trains to survive the government’s 2016 ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Crossrail: A Hole New World (00:08, 12 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (19:24, 11 December 2018)
- ngh on Back to the Future: (Re)lengthening and Shortening at Waterloo (07:07, 11 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (23:03, 9 December 2018)
- Man of Kent on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (21:04, 9 December 2018)