THE French state will provide €30m to modernise rolling stock used on the country’s two remaining overnight trains and ensure their continued operation into the next decade, transport minister Mrs Elisabeth Borne announced during a visit to the Hautes-Alpes region on September 22. The Paris – Briançon and Paris – Rodez/Latour-de-Carol Intercités de Nuit couchette services operated by French National Railways (SNCF) were the only overnight trains to survive the government’s 2016 ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- A Gerald on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (23:13, 23 July 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (21:20, 23 July 2019)
- Mark Townend on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (18:10, 23 July 2019)
- Henry on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 July 2019 (11:45, 23 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)