New demands and innovative ideas mean designers are taking a closer look at trolleys, the onboard workhorse whose role is changing fast. If you think some things never change and that the onboard trolley is beyond reinvention, you probably didn’t get a sneak preview of the new kid on the block which made its debut, behind closed doors, at WTCE in Hamburg this year. Two companies are promoting tailor-made solutions including the Café Roulant, a trolley with an inbuilt patented lift system to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Crossrail: A Hole New World (00:08, 12 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (19:24, 11 December 2018)
- ngh on Back to the Future: (Re)lengthening and Shortening at Waterloo (07:07, 11 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (23:03, 9 December 2018)
- Man of Kent on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (21:04, 9 December 2018)