Public places are essential to the prosperity of sustainable cities. According to the UN they are “the banner of urban civility and our urban commons”. They promote income, investment and wealth creation, enhancing environmental sustainability, equity and social inclusion. The UN Habitat Global Public Spaces Toolkit claims that public spaces: • Are the physical web and support for the movement and the stationing of people and means of transport, from which the vitality of the city depends ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)
- IslandDweller on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (21:28, 16 July 2019)
- JohnMF on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (17:34, 16 July 2019)
- [email protected] on Friday Reads – 12 July 2019 (16:41, 16 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 8 July 2019 (21:44, 9 July 2019)