Public places are essential to the prosperity of sustainable cities. According to the UN they are “the banner of urban civility and our urban commons”. They promote income, investment and wealth creation, enhancing environmental sustainability, equity and social inclusion. The UN Habitat Global Public Spaces Toolkit claims that public spaces: • Are the physical web and support for the movement and the stationing of people and means of transport, from which the vitality of the city depends ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aneconspeaks on In Pictures: Overground Class 710s Enter Service (22:17, 25 May 2019)
- timbeau on Friday Reads – 24 May 2019 (21:41, 25 May 2019)
- IslandDweller on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (19:34, 25 May 2019)
- Mikey C on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (14:56, 24 May 2019)
- BGORUG SECRETARY on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (14:58, 22 May 2019)