As ride-hailing apps begin to control scooters and bike shares, they’re making it harder for people to make the best decisions about how to move around their cities. If you’re not a techie, you may not have come across the term “walled garden” before. But it’s a critical concept these days in technology business strategy–and it has the potential to fundamentally change the ways we travel throughout cities. In essence, a walled garden is a closed technology platform that limits the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)
- IslandDweller on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (21:28, 16 July 2019)
- JohnMF on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (17:34, 16 July 2019)
- [email protected] on Friday Reads – 12 July 2019 (16:41, 16 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 8 July 2019 (21:44, 9 July 2019)