Bird became the first electric scooter service to launch in the UK today, after finding a legal loophole in an 1835 law that has so far blocked the popular scooters from Britain’s streets. The launch is part of a pilot at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, which will start with scooters being restricted to a 1 mile stretch of private footpath used by commuters to Stratford’s Here East tech hub. “Technology always comes ahead of legislation,” Richard Corbett, head of Bird UK told Forbes. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on Don’t Bank on Crossrail (02:36, 18 February 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 15 February 2019 (22:22, 17 February 2019)
- Sad Fat Dad on The New London Bridge Station: First Impressions (20:51, 17 February 2019)
- Graham H on Southeastern Detraining: Investigation over Assumption (20:05, 15 February 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Garden Bridge Review: Garden Bridge Trust Transcript (Part 1) (08:13, 15 February 2019)