With consultation on the much-discussed improvements at East Croydon and Windmill Bridge opened on November 5th 2018, we look briefly at what is being put forward and take the opportunity to provide an update for the plans for the Brighton Main Line. The much-needed proposed improvements to the Brighton Main Line centre on activity in the East Croydon area. These proposals have been extensively covered in this series of articles. This activity has been noticeable as a very much behind-the-scenes ...
The space under cities is getting busier – from transport excavations to billionaire’s mega-basements. So how to keep track of what’s down there? In London, a city with 150 years of trenching, digging and boring to its name, the chaos is reaching new depths. According to Newcastle University’s Global Urban Research Unit, more than 4,600 basements have been granted planning permission in the last decade – in just seven of London’s 32 boroughs. The space under London is now getting so ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Vince on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (20:37, 24 May 2019)
- Aleks on Friday Reads – 24 May 2019 (19:54, 24 May 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on In Pictures: Overground Class 710s Enter Service (15:17, 24 May 2019)
- Mikey C on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (14:56, 24 May 2019)
- BGORUG SECRETARY on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (14:58, 22 May 2019)