With consultation on the much-discussed improvements at East Croydon and Windmill Bridge opened on November 5th 2018, we look briefly at what is being put forward and take the opportunity to provide an update for the plans for the Brighton Main Line. The much-needed proposed improvements to the Brighton Main Line centre on activity in the East Croydon area. These proposals have been extensively covered in this series of articles. This activity has been noticeable as a very much behind-the-scenes ...
The second Thursday of the month brings with it our meetup, which happens next on 8th November from 6pm. As always, these are informal affairs where the beer flows, offering an opportunity to put faces to the names of a few LR writers as well as regular commentators. All are welcome, and conversation is often as much general as it is transport-specific. Where to find us We will be in the upstairs backroom at The Royal Oak on Tabard Street. Its location makes it easy to get to from a number of ...
The space under cities is getting busier – from transport excavations to billionaire’s mega-basements. So how to keep track of what’s down there? In London, a city with 150 years of trenching, digging and boring to its name, the chaos is reaching new depths. According to Newcastle University’s Global Urban Research Unit, more than 4,600 basements have been granted planning permission in the last decade – in just seven of London’s 32 boroughs. The space under London is now getting so ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- John Elliott on Crossrail: A Hole New World (20:52, 16 November 2018)
- Anon23 on Friday Reads – 16 November 2018 (18:54, 16 November 2018)
- Greg Tingey on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (17:47, 16 November 2018)
- BGORUG SECRETARY on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (12:50, 16 November 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Understanding Uber: It’s Not About The App (15:53, 15 November 2018)