The Movin’On event held in Montréal Canada in May 2018 was not a traditional transport conference, being styled more as a carnival of mobility. Much of the conference focused on incremental improvements to road vehicles and infrastructure. The automotive industry faces a challenge with cars being perceived as the new cigarettes. Private car ownership in cities is increasingly being seen as costly, inconvenient and environmentally unfriendly. Unconventional site – the Big Tent on ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- JohnMF on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (11:34, 16 July 2019)
- ap on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (11:08, 16 July 2019)
- ngh on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (10:09, 16 July 2019)
- John on Friday Reads – 12 July 2019 (05:45, 14 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 8 July 2019 (21:44, 9 July 2019)