Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads: • How the Tube pioneered bank cards (Forbes) • Layers of London map documents local history (MappingLondon) • Free French buses in Dunkirk (Guardian) • Why transit works better outside the US (CityLab) • ‘Art on the MART’ debut (ChicagoCurbed) • National links: Walking along (TheOverheadWire) • Developer sought to transform Sydney underground station into attraction (GlobalRailNews) • Oil spilt at sea chart ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (14:55, 25 August 2019)
- RogerB on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:31, 24 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (15:39, 23 August 2019)
- ngh on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (13:43, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)