The French government is to prioritise investment at key rail hubs outside Paris. Reflecting what Transport Minister Elisabeth Borne terms ‘a national priority’ to improve access to rail services outside the Paris region, €2·6bn is to be spent on enhancing capacity at key hubs to support ‘greater rail use in cities, improved links to medium sized towns and improving transport connectivity in semi-rural areas’. Borne has set a target of doubling rail’s modal share ‘for daily ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- JohnMF on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (11:34, 16 July 2019)
- ap on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (11:08, 16 July 2019)
- ngh on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (10:09, 16 July 2019)
- John on Friday Reads – 12 July 2019 (05:45, 14 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 8 July 2019 (21:44, 9 July 2019)