With things not going well for the Mayor and TfL on the railway front, they could have probably obtained some solace in the thought that the Mayor’s ambitious Healthy Streets policy was making good progress. Unfortunately, a first blow has been dealt by the City of Westminster with their about-turn on the planned pedestrianisation of Oxford Street. We now look at a further potential setback following a judicial review (JR) hearing brought the City of Westminster. This challenged the ...
Hundreds of hybrid-electric trains could roll out on Britain’s railways from the 2020s. Famed British manufacturer Rolls-Royce has signed a deal to test electric-hybrid trains on UK railways. The deal with UK firm Porterbrook could see hundreds of diesel trains converted to be less polluting. “We expect hybrid technology to grow at above the current growth rates of diesel,” said Andreas Schell, CEO of Rolls-Royce Power Systems. Rolls-Royce’s Power Systems unit, which sells engines ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Brian Butterworth on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (15:39, 23 August 2019)
- ngh on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (13:43, 23 August 2019)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (11:32, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)
- Reynolds 953 on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (17:26, 22 August 2019)