The first battery-powered train in Europe for more than 60 years has taken its maiden voyage in Berlin. Re-introduced by Canadian company Bombardier, the electric-hybrid train hosted local government representative and the federal commissioner for rail transport on its first journey. “Around 40 percent of the German rail network is not electrified,” said Bombardier German transportation chief, Michael Fohrer. “The Bombardier battery-operated train is an attractive option to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- JohnMF on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (11:34, 16 July 2019)
- ap on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (11:08, 16 July 2019)
- ngh on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (10:09, 16 July 2019)
- John on Friday Reads – 12 July 2019 (05:45, 14 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 8 July 2019 (21:44, 9 July 2019)