Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads: • TfL’s secret internal Tube map (DiamondGeezer) • The museification of London (FailedArchitecture) • Britain’s lost tram network and its future (Guardian) • Televised 1959 preview of Lisbon’s Metro (CityLab) • Budapest’s streetcars (TheUrbanist) • Uzbekistan’s secret Metro in pictures (Guardian) • Unusual Shinkansen bullet train safety training (SoraNews24) • Public transit isn’t as intimidating as ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Crossrail: A Hole New World (10:17, 16 November 2018)
- Ian J on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (21:48, 15 November 2018)
- ngh on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (17:46, 15 November 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Understanding Uber: It’s Not About The App (15:53, 15 November 2018)
- James Bunting on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (16:44, 14 November 2018)