Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. • London’s commuter towns mapped & rated (MappingLondon) • The strange world of British Rail mathematics (CityMetric) • Buried Brunel structure halts road scheme (BBC) • DC Metro station design as important as service (Washingtonian) • San Francisco’s sidewalk public space battles (CityLab) • SF Caltrain’s $2 billion electrification project (StreetsBlog) • Tokyo stationary sleeper train hostel (Travel+Leisure) • ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Herned on Crossrail: A Hole New World (09:27, 16 November 2018)
- Ian J on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (21:48, 15 November 2018)
- ngh on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (17:46, 15 November 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Understanding Uber: It’s Not About The App (15:53, 15 November 2018)
- James Bunting on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (16:44, 14 November 2018)