Fighting heat in the underground – Rail Technology Magazine (RTM) looks at the successes of the Cooling the Tube programme so far and what TfL hopes to achieve in the coming years. Despite what was a relatively mild summer, in this year’s June/July edition we decided to take a look at the reasons behind the sweltering temperatures in London’s underground rail network. For the millions of residents and tourists jumping on-board jam-packed Tube trains, temperatures in the Underground are ...
The second Thursday of the month brings with it our meetup, which happens next on 9th August from 6pm. As always, these are informal affairs where the beer flows, offering an opportunity to put faces to the names of a few LR writers as well as regular commentators. All are welcome, and conversation is often as much general as it is transport-specific. Where to find us We will be in the upstairs backroom at The Royal Oak on Tabard Street. Its location makes it easy to get to from a number of ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on Don’t Bank on Crossrail (02:36, 18 February 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 15 February 2019 (22:22, 17 February 2019)
- Sad Fat Dad on The New London Bridge Station: First Impressions (20:51, 17 February 2019)
- Graham H on Southeastern Detraining: Investigation over Assumption (20:05, 15 February 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Garden Bridge Review: Garden Bridge Trust Transcript (Part 1) (08:13, 15 February 2019)