Fighting heat in the underground – Rail Technology Magazine (RTM) looks at the successes of the Cooling the Tube programme so far and what TfL hopes to achieve in the coming years. Despite what was a relatively mild summer, in this year’s June/July edition we decided to take a look at the reasons behind the sweltering temperatures in London’s underground rail network. For the millions of residents and tourists jumping on-board jam-packed Tube trains, temperatures in the Underground are ...
The second Thursday of the month brings with it our meetup, which happens next on 9th August from 6pm. As always, these are informal affairs where the beer flows, offering an opportunity to put faces to the names of a few LR writers as well as regular commentators. All are welcome, and conversation is often as much general as it is transport-specific. Where to find us We will be in the upstairs backroom at The Royal Oak on Tabard Street. Its location makes it easy to get to from a number of ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (00:53, 17 August 2018)
- Walthamstow Writer on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (21:44, 16 August 2018)
- quinlet on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (21:36, 16 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)
- straphan on A Good Spark is Getting Hard to Find: SWR and the December Timetable (10:20, 16 August 2018)