Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. • Diagrammatic transit maps before Beck (FunctionalArt) • Amsterdam’s surprising metro archeology (CBC) • Estonia’s free public transit (Vice) • US National links – Spite houses & more (TheOverheadWire) • Can Andy Byford save the NY subway? (NewYorker) • The language of Numtots, urbanists and planners (PriceTags) • Map of ships buried in San Francisco itself (UrbanGhostsMedia) • Warner Bros. wants to build cable ...
Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB) and Netherlands Railways (NS) are developing plans to reintroduce sleeper trains to Amsterdam, which was severed from the European night train network by the contraction and eventual abandonment of German Rail’s (DB) City Night Line services. ÖBB took over most of DB’s overnight services when the German operator pulled out of the market in December 2016 and these now operate under the Nightjet brand. The Amsterdam service had already been withdrawn ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Crossrail: Breaking Down the Crisis (15:59, 15 December 2018)
- Sad Fat Dad on Friday Reads – 14 December 2018 (14:57, 15 December 2018)
- Herned on Crossrail: A Hole New World (09:45, 13 December 2018)
- Aleks on Further Oyster Expansion Beyond London Under Discussion (20:05, 12 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (19:42, 12 December 2018)