Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. • Stripping GTR of its franchise not a viable threat (LRTwitter) • Central line heatwave (Wired) • Do Londoners dream of electric buses? (IanVisits) • Dunbar number for places is 25 (UniversityofLondon) • Recall for new Bombardier streetcars to fix welding defect (TorontoStar) • America’s love of SUVs is killing pedestrians (DetroitFreePress via TheOverheadWire) • Rich train buffs hitching their railcars to Amtrak trains (Wall ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mikey C on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (00:09, 18 June 2019)
- Albert J. P. on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (20:21, 17 June 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (16:15, 17 June 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (12:53, 17 June 2019)
- Stunt_Pants on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:45, 16 June 2019)