Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. • Stripping GTR of its franchise not a viable threat (LRTwitter) • Central line heatwave (Wired) • Do Londoners dream of electric buses? (IanVisits) • Dunbar number for places is 25 (UniversityofLondon) • Recall for new Bombardier streetcars to fix welding defect (TorontoStar) • America’s love of SUVs is killing pedestrians (DetroitFreePress via TheOverheadWire) • Rich train buffs hitching their railcars to Amtrak trains (Wall ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (09:53, 21 October 2018)
- Richard Charter on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 1 (08:45, 21 October 2018)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 19 October 2018 (08:42, 21 October 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (08:04, 21 October 2018)
- Aleks on TfL Make Changes To Bus Transfer Tickets (21:07, 20 October 2018)