A landmark deal has been reached between the governments of Australia and New South Wales to build the first stage of the North South Rail Link. The line will connect St Marys, a suburb in western Sydney, to Western Sydney Airport ahead of its planned 2026 opening. The two governments have agreed that they will construct the North South Rail Link as equal partners, each contributing 50 per cent of the funding. Both governments will commit $50 million (∼€40 million) for a business case on the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- James Bunting on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (06:31, 20 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)
- ngh on A Study in Sussex Part 5: Up The Junction (14:47, 19 March 2019)
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 15 March 2019 (01:42, 19 March 2019)
- Mikey C on In Pictures: The New Overground Class 172s (11:08, 18 March 2019)