The second Thursday of the month brings with it our meetup, which happens next on 14th June from 6pm. As always, these are informal affairs where the beer flows, offering an opportunity to put faces to the names of a few LR writers as well as regular commentators. All are welcome, and conversation is often as much general as it is transport-specific. Where to find us We will be in the upstairs backroom at The Royal Oak on Tabard Street. Its location makes it easy to get to from a number of ...
In 2011, businessman Sir Robert McNulty was tasked by the Department for Transport (DfT) and the Office of Road and Rail (ORR) with assessing how the taxpayer could get better value for money from Great Britain’s railways. In his findings, McNulty reported that the cost of running the country’s railways would need to be reduced by 40 per cent to reach the levels spent on systems in France, the Netherlands, Sweden and Switzerland, recommending that savings of at least £190 million could be ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- quinlet on Friday Reads – 13 July 2018 (21:47, 15 July 2018)
- Walthamstow Writer on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (21:22, 15 July 2018)
- Ronnie MB on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (18:14, 15 July 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 6 July 2018 (15:20, 14 July 2018)
- 100andthirty on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (12:38, 9 July 2018)