The wild logistics of Heathrow Airport will instantly devour its much-needed third runway. Heathrow operates at close to 99 per cent capacity. Every day, 213,000 passengers land or depart, with a plane taking off or landing every 45 seconds. And a third runway isn’t going to release the pressure There is no other airport that does so much with so little as Heathrow. The constraints on its capacity have made it the busiest two-runway airport in the world, leading to catastrophic delays if ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (23:20, 15 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (21:50, 15 July 2019)
- Nameless on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (10:37, 15 July 2019)
- John on Friday Reads – 12 July 2019 (05:45, 14 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 8 July 2019 (21:44, 9 July 2019)