In April 2018 the House of Commons Public Accounts Committee published a report on Rail Franchising in the UK. In particular, they were concerned with the DfT’s handling of its (relatively) new “mega-franchise”: GTR. Much of the Committee’s work involved looking at the perceived failings of both the DfT and Govia, the franchisee, during the industrial disputes that had plagued former Southern services. Read the report to completion, however, and a clear theme emerges – that ...
City chiefs in Denmark and Sweden are looking at spending up to €4 billion on what is thought to be the world’s first international metro. Copenhagen and Malmo are investigating the construction of a 22-kilometre tunnel under the Oresund River to link the two metropolises. This week a new working group — called the Oresundsmetro Executive and featuring representatives from the two cities, industry and researchers — was established to firm up the proposals. They plan to use high-speed, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mark Townend on Crossrail: Breaking Down the Crisis (02:56, 14 December 2018)
- Herned on Crossrail: A Hole New World (09:45, 13 December 2018)
- Aleks on Further Oyster Expansion Beyond London Under Discussion (20:05, 12 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (19:42, 12 December 2018)
- ngh on Back to the Future: (Re)lengthening and Shortening at Waterloo (07:07, 11 December 2018)