A major city center without cars? Madrid is going to come close sometime in the next year, says the administration of Mayor Manuela Carmena. Earlier this week, Madrid officials announced their intention to ban non-resident cars inside the ring of avenues around the city center, CityLab‘s Feargus O’Sullivan reports. Central city streets will no longer be through routes for private cars, and no major roads will be exempt. It’s the continuation of Carmena’s concerted policies to reduce ...
The London Reconnections team have been following closely, day by day and (with a few stalwarts) hour by hour, the actual service levels being offered on Thameslink lines during the first week of the new radically reshaped Railplan 2020 timetable. Its tribulations are now raising the stakes for ordinary travellers, some of whom have previously soured memories such as the London Bridge troubles in 2015 and the post-Christmas 2014 Finsbury Park chaos. These memories have been allied with strikes ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Hanwell Commuter on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (15:47, 18 August 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (11:03, 18 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)