Nants ingonyama bagithi baba Sithi uhm ingonyama! From the day it arrived at St Pancras, And blinking, step into the sun. There’s more to East Coast, Than, new a brand and cheap seats. More to do than can ever be done. There’s far too much to take in here, More to build than Network Rail can fund. But delay penalties high! And the Scotsmen that fly! Keep small the real profits to be found. It’s the circle of life! And it moves us all! Ingonyama nengw’ enamabala Ingonyama ...
Product development company 42 Technology has secured £350,000 worth of government funding towards developing a system that can turn passenger carriages into goods vehicles. The Adaptable Carriage system allows seats and tables to be stowed within three minutes, creating space for cargo that would normally be sent by road. 42 Technology envisages the system being employed on quieter off-peak services to carry low-density, high-value goods. It could also be used to create storage space for ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- MiaM on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (16:47, 23 April 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (13:36, 23 April 2019)
- Graham H on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (11:24, 23 April 2019)
- Malcolm on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 April 2019 (21:19, 22 April 2019)
- Mikey C on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (00:49, 22 April 2019)