We last looked in detail at the state of the Piccadilly line upgrades in January, when we revealed that TfL planned to leaseback the Crossrail fleet to pay for new rolling stock. This month sees the Programmes & Investment board look at the project once again. Item 8 on the agenda for May’s meeting covers the upgrade. Interestingly, whilst the project remains the same, it seems we have reverted to an earlier name. What had become the ‘New Tube for London’ is now ‘Deep ...
Contractor Dogus Construction has selected Alstom to supply a full APS ground-level power supply solution for the Eminönü-Alibeyköy tram line in Istanbul. Choosing Alstom’s street-level power rail solution means that the 10km-long line will be entirely catenary-free. Power will be picked up by contact shoes located under the vehicle on the tram’s central bogie. Conductive segments are activated when fully covered by the tram, ensuring safety for pedestrians and other road users. Continue ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mark Townend on Crossrail: Breaking Down the Crisis (02:56, 14 December 2018)
- Herned on Crossrail: A Hole New World (09:45, 13 December 2018)
- Aleks on Further Oyster Expansion Beyond London Under Discussion (20:05, 12 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (19:42, 12 December 2018)
- ngh on Back to the Future: (Re)lengthening and Shortening at Waterloo (07:07, 11 December 2018)