More and more people travel by train in Germany. How can we combine machine learning and visual analytics methods to help manage the passenger loads? Peak Spotting provides yield and capacity managers with rich visual tools to identify potential bottlenecks early on and react through price management, communications or logistic solutions. Based on passenger load predictions from neural nets and random forest models, the web application integrates millions of datapoints over 100 days into the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (21:38, 17 June 2019)
- Albert J. P. on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (20:21, 17 June 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (16:15, 17 June 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (12:53, 17 June 2019)
- Stunt_Pants on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:45, 16 June 2019)