A recent analysis found that on certain routes across Asia and Europe, high-speed trains are faster, cheaper and more convenient than flying to the destination. From Beijing to Shanghai and London to Paris, where in the world do passengers prefer to take the train? Worldwide, the air industry is one of the fastest growing sectors, with increasingly competitive offerings in terms of destinations, cost and flexibility. Huge profits also permit airlines to further invest in passenger-friendly ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- MiaM on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (04:05, 22 July 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (22:26, 21 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)