The Feds sued the MTA and NYC Transit Authority on Tuesday for renovating a Bronx subway station without making it accessible to the disabled. The Manhattan U.S. Attorney’s office joined a lawsuit from the Bronx Independent Living Services, backing its complaint that the Middletown Rd. station on the No. 6 line lacked elevators after it was closed for an expensive renovation. “There is no justification for public entities to ignore the requirements of the (Americans With Disabilities Act) 28 ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- MiaM on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (04:05, 22 July 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (22:26, 21 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)