A new report calls for charging all for-hire vehicles — including yellow taxis and Uber and Lyft cars — $50 per hour to drive in Midtown Manhattan during weekday business hours, and $20 per hour in Lower Manhattan, the Upper West Side and the Upper East Side. With Uber and Lyft cars taking over Manhattan streets, a state task force has proposed a surcharge of $2 to $5 on rides in for-hire vehicles as part of a broader congestion pricing plan to keep traffic moving and raise money to shore up ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (16:15, 17 June 2019)
- Bob on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (14:30, 17 June 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (12:53, 17 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (10:54, 17 June 2019)
- Stunt_Pants on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:45, 16 June 2019)