A new report calls for charging all for-hire vehicles — including yellow taxis and Uber and Lyft cars — $50 per hour to drive in Midtown Manhattan during weekday business hours, and $20 per hour in Lower Manhattan, the Upper West Side and the Upper East Side. With Uber and Lyft cars taking over Manhattan streets, a state task force has proposed a surcharge of $2 to $5 on rides in for-hire vehicles as part of a broader congestion pricing plan to keep traffic moving and raise money to shore up ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (18:22, 19 April 2019)
- Russell.FL on Friday Reads – 19 April 2019 (15:56, 19 April 2019)
- Hackneyite on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (14:53, 19 April 2019)
- The Future’s Bright, The Future’s Orange on No Do Nothing Option: The Increasing Cost of the Bakerloo’s Trains (19:41, 17 April 2019)
- Londoner in Scotland on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 April 2019 (21:18, 16 April 2019)