In October 2016, Dame Margaret Hodge MP was appointed to lead an independent review of the Garden Bridge project. As part of this review, she conducted a number of interviews with key people and organisations. To aid future research and debate, we have committed to transcribing these interviews into a searchable, full-text format. The completed transcripts can all be found on our Garden Bridge Review page. Please be aware that this is a large project – combined, the interviews comprise ...
It’s the largest investment in public transit the city has seen in decades, but critics warn of a fatally flawed plan that could haunt the region for years. It sounds like the kind of project cities don’t dare to dream of anymore: a massive new transportation network on par with the great mass transit buildouts of the 20th century. The Réseau express métropolitain (REM), French for metropolitan express network, is slated to be the largest investment in Greater Montreal’s public transit ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (13:38, 21 May 2019)
- Graham Feakins on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (01:17, 21 May 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (18:18, 20 May 2019)
- Graham H on Mind the Gender Gap: The Hidden Data Gap in Transport (08:20, 20 May 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (13:01, 19 May 2019)