In October 2016, Dame Margaret Hodge MP was appointed to lead an independent review of the Garden Bridge project. As part of this review, she conducted a number of interviews with key people and organisations. To aid future research and debate, we have committed to transcribing these interviews into a searchable, full-text format. The completed transcripts can all be found on our Garden Bridge Review page. Please be aware that this is a large project – combined, the interviews comprise ...
It’s the largest investment in public transit the city has seen in decades, but critics warn of a fatally flawed plan that could haunt the region for years. It sounds like the kind of project cities don’t dare to dream of anymore: a massive new transportation network on par with the great mass transit buildouts of the 20th century. The Réseau express métropolitain (REM), French for metropolitan express network, is slated to be the largest investment in Greater Montreal’s public transit ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Pedantic of Purley on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (01:26, 11 December 2018)
- Aleks on Crossrail: A Hole New World (02:22, 11 December 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Back to the Future: (Re)lengthening and Shortening at Waterloo (00:36, 11 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (23:03, 9 December 2018)
- Man of Kent on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (21:04, 9 December 2018)