In October 2016, Dame Margaret Hodge MP was appointed to lead an independent review of the Garden Bridge project. As part of this review, she conducted a number of interviews with key people and organisations. To aid future research and debate, we have committed to transcribing these interviews into a searchable, full-text format. The completed transcripts can all be found on our Garden Bridge Review page. Please be aware that this is a large project – combined, the interviews comprise ...
It’s the largest investment in public transit the city has seen in decades, but critics warn of a fatally flawed plan that could haunt the region for years. It sounds like the kind of project cities don’t dare to dream of anymore: a massive new transportation network on par with the great mass transit buildouts of the 20th century. The Réseau express métropolitain (REM), French for metropolitan express network, is slated to be the largest investment in Greater Montreal’s public transit ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Word of the Year: Crayonista (21:17, 18 September 2018)
- ngh on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (13:56, 18 September 2018)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 14 September 2018 (12:00, 18 September 2018)
- Mark Townend on And it Moves Us All: East Coast To Be Renationalised (15:52, 17 September 2018)
- Ian J on Horrible Holborn: When Postponement Is Not An Option (01:42, 17 September 2018)