Baselland Transport is testing a collision warning system on a light rail vehicle. If it proves successful, the operator intends to equip its entire fleet of Tango LRVs. BLT is working with rolling stock supplier Stadler and Bosch Rail Transport, which has supplied its Tram Forward Collision Warning System. Developed from similar driver assistance technology in the automotive industry, this uses a video camera and radar sensor to detect obstacles in front of the tram and warns the driver in the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- RogerB on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (11:47, 21 May 2019)
- Graham Feakins on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (01:17, 21 May 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (18:18, 20 May 2019)
- Graham H on Mind the Gender Gap: The Hidden Data Gap in Transport (08:20, 20 May 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (13:01, 19 May 2019)