Baselland Transport is testing a collision warning system on a light rail vehicle. If it proves successful, the operator intends to equip its entire fleet of Tango LRVs. BLT is working with rolling stock supplier Stadler and Bosch Rail Transport, which has supplied its Tram Forward Collision Warning System. Developed from similar driver assistance technology in the automotive industry, this uses a video camera and radar sensor to detect obstacles in front of the tram and warns the driver in the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Crossrail: Breaking Down the Crisis (19:13, 16 December 2018)
- Greg Tingey on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (14:57, 16 December 2018)
- Aneconspeaks on Friday Reads – 14 December 2018 (18:28, 16 December 2018)
- Herned on Crossrail: A Hole New World (09:45, 13 December 2018)
- Aleks on Further Oyster Expansion Beyond London Under Discussion (20:05, 12 December 2018)