German politicians and the car industry had tried hard to avoid having cities ban polluting cars. Germany’s car culture is under attack. A federal court in Leipzig said Tuesday that Düsseldorf and Stuttgart can ban the dirtiest diesel cars from their streets in order to meet EU pollution standards. The verdict will have an impact across the country and deals a blow to the car worship that rules Germany’s politics, economy and lifestyle. The car industry is Germany’s largest, and one of ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (21:38, 17 June 2019)
- Albert J. P. on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (20:21, 17 June 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (16:15, 17 June 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (12:53, 17 June 2019)
- Stunt_Pants on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:45, 16 June 2019)