German politicians and the car industry had tried hard to avoid having cities ban polluting cars. Germany’s car culture is under attack. A federal court in Leipzig said Tuesday that Düsseldorf and Stuttgart can ban the dirtiest diesel cars from their streets in order to meet EU pollution standards. The verdict will have an impact across the country and deals a blow to the car worship that rules Germany’s politics, economy and lifestyle. The car industry is Germany’s largest, and one of ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Briantist on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (07:07, 19 June 2018)
- ngh on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (06:50, 19 June 2018)
- Aleks on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (Part 1): A Brief History of Thameslink (01:07, 19 June 2018)
- Littlejohn on Thameslink The Musical Act 4, Scene 3: The Grayling Letter (12:05, 18 June 2018)
- Aleks on Upgrading the Piccadilly (18:02, 17 June 2018)