On 2 March 2018, during a period of rail disruption caused by extreme weather conditions, an incident occurred just outside Lewisham station in London. That incident saw a number of passengers de-train from a Southeastern service which had been delayed for an extended period of time. A number of official reports into the incident are currently being commissioned or discussed within the industry and government. As is our practice, we will avoid commenting extensively on the incident (and its ...
The second Thursday of the month brings with it our meetup, which happens next on 8th March from 6pm. As always, these are informal affairs where the beer flows, offering an opportunity to put faces to the names of a few LR writers as well as regular commentators. All are welcome, and conversation is often as much general as it is transport-specific. Location news: We will be upstairs in the private room for this month’s meeting – come up and join us! Where to find us We will be at ...
The rail sector has decided train seat design requires scientific research to be able to provide a more informed approach to making seats both comfortable and safe for passengers… The UK rail industry body RSSB has stated that there is an opportunity to develop a more scientific approach to measuring and delivering comfort and safety in train seats. The new research aims to develop a more sophisticated, ‘human factor’ approach to understanding comfort, considering the shape of the seat, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on Why capacity won’t increase on Southeastern Metro any time soon (00:54, 17 March 2018)
- Walthamstow Writer on TfL Confirm Elizabeth Line Fares (23:20, 16 March 2018)
- answer=42 on Garden Bridge Review: National Audit Office Transcript (19:03, 16 March 2018)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 16 March 2018 (17:55, 16 March 2018)
- Phil Harmonic on Southeastern Detraining: Investigation over Assumption (14:44, 16 March 2018)