India has joined a growing number of countries looking to the skies to improve their safety, after the country’s train operator used satellite technology to alert road users of trains approaching trains at crossings. Indian Railways is undergoing a trial with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to use satellites outside of the earth’s atmosphere to sound horns at unmanned crossings. ISRO and Indian Railways have been working on India’s project since June 2017, which involves the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Crossrail: Breaking Down the Crisis (19:13, 16 December 2018)
- Greg Tingey on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (14:57, 16 December 2018)
- Aneconspeaks on Friday Reads – 14 December 2018 (18:28, 16 December 2018)
- Herned on Crossrail: A Hole New World (09:45, 13 December 2018)
- Aleks on Further Oyster Expansion Beyond London Under Discussion (20:05, 12 December 2018)