India has joined a growing number of countries looking to the skies to improve their safety, after the country’s train operator used satellite technology to alert road users of trains approaching trains at crossings. Indian Railways is undergoing a trial with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to use satellites outside of the earth’s atmosphere to sound horns at unmanned crossings. ISRO and Indian Railways have been working on India’s project since June 2017, which involves the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on Why capacity won’t increase on Southeastern Metro any time soon (00:54, 17 March 2018)
- Walthamstow Writer on TfL Confirm Elizabeth Line Fares (23:20, 16 March 2018)
- answer=42 on Garden Bridge Review: National Audit Office Transcript (19:03, 16 March 2018)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 16 March 2018 (17:55, 16 March 2018)
- Phil Harmonic on Southeastern Detraining: Investigation over Assumption (14:44, 16 March 2018)