The second Thursday of the month brings with it our meetup, which happens next on 8th February from 6pm. As always, these are informal affairs where the beer flows, offering an opportunity to put faces to the names of a few LR writers as well as regular commentators. All are welcome, and conversation is often as much general as it is transport-specific. Location news: We will be upstairs in the private room for this month’s meeting – come up and join us! Where to find us We will be ...
Journeys on Edinburgh Trams increased by 19 per cent from 2016 to 2017, reaching 6.6 million, leading to the company embracing new technology to meet the demands of its rising number of customers… Within two weeks of the launch of contactless payment ticketing at Edinburgh Trams, 50 per cent of the transactions processed were made by contactless methods. In December 2017 Edinburgh Trams asked Parkeon Transportation, their technology partner, to upgrade the 51 Galexio Plus terminals on the tram ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Taz on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (19:37, 23 February 2018)
- ap on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (14:22, 23 February 2018)
- Herned on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:42, 22 February 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on How Can You Mend A Broken Railway? Thameslink and the Gibb Report (21:37, 21 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Horrible Holborn: When Postponement Is Not An Option (19:59, 21 February 2018)