Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. This week’s lineup: • Ocean liner speed and style exhibition to open (V&A) • Woolwich Crossrail station (1LondonBlog) • British railway viaducts (The Beauty of Transport) • Who abandoned this high-speed train? (Jalopnik) • Why Sweden clears snow from walkways before roads (StreetsBlog) • US football stadium rail access (Intermodality) • Mapping the ghosts of abandonned railroads (Atlas Obscura) • Seattle plans for ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Hanwell Commuter on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (15:47, 18 August 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (11:03, 18 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)