Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. This week’s lineup: • Ocean liner speed and style exhibition to open (V&A) • Woolwich Crossrail station (1LondonBlog) • British railway viaducts (The Beauty of Transport) • Who abandoned this high-speed train? (Jalopnik) • Why Sweden clears snow from walkways before roads (StreetsBlog) • US football stadium rail access (Intermodality) • Mapping the ghosts of abandonned railroads (Atlas Obscura) • Seattle plans for ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mark Townend on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (01:46, 16 January 2019)
- BGORUG SECRETARY on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (01:38, 16 January 2019)
- RayJayK on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (22:29, 14 January 2019)
- Twopenny Tube on Narrowing the Options and Raising the Cash: The Battersea Northern Line Extension Moves Forward (09:16, 12 January 2019)
- Graham H on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (08:28, 12 January 2019)