Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. This week’s lineup: • New solutions to reduce transport emissions (IMechE) • Zeppelin distant early warning system (Andrew Grantham) • History of the bollard, from Napoleon to Carillion (CityMetric) • Bankside Boardwalk pavement extender trial (Better Bankside) • When manual road painting goes bad (99% Invisible) • History of street light banners (Curbed) • How Paris is liberating itself from cars (CityLab) • A new train hall ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Ronnie MB on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (00:40, 18 August 2018)
- Timbeau on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (00:00, 18 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)