Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. This week’s lineup: • New solutions to reduce transport emissions (IMechE) • Zeppelin distant early warning system (Andrew Grantham) • History of the bollard, from Napoleon to Carillion (CityMetric) • Bankside Boardwalk pavement extender trial (Better Bankside) • When manual road painting goes bad (99% Invisible) • History of street light banners (Curbed) • How Paris is liberating itself from cars (CityLab) • A new train hall ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- quinlet on Transforming Oxford Street Part 1: The Bustterfly Effect (20:32, 17 February 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 16 February 2018 (18:50, 17 February 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (18:56, 17 February 2018)
- RayK on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (07:02, 17 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on In Pictures: The Northern Line TBMs Arrive (04:15, 17 February 2018)