As part of Network Rail’s £170m Lee Valley Rail programme, disused land is being used to reinstate a third track between Stratford and Angel Road stations which was lost during the Beeching cuts of the 1960s. Due to be complete in 2019, the project will enable two extra trains per hour, unlocking sites for housing development and economic growth in the boroughs of Enfield, Haringey and Waltham Forrest. The Lee Valley Rail programme, running between Lea Bridge station which reopened in May ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Hanwell Commuter on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (15:47, 18 August 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (11:03, 18 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)