Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. This week’s lineup: • London Transport Museum charts the growth of the modern city (Blooloop) • Trains playlist (NME) • Metro maps schematic-geography morphing animations (Arch Daily) • Advert tiles on the Paris Métro (scroll down) (Tiles in New York) • The case for rebuilding the NY subway (NY Times) • Chicago’s underground city (Beeb) • St Louis becalms traffic with concrete globes (StreetsBlog) • Why Melbourne built ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (18:30, 21 January 2018)
- 100andthirty on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (14:48, 21 January 2018)
- Briantist on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (15:05, 19 January 2018)
- Jock on In Pictures: Kings Cross In The Fifties (09:47, 19 January 2018)
- Ben on The Metropolitan Line Extension: Deadline Day (14:27, 17 January 2018)