The Friday Reading List: 13 January 2017
As anyone looking to properly understand London’s transport needs and network knows, context, background and best-practice are important. As readers might imagine, behind the scenes here at LR Towers we thus spend a lot of time sharing links and reading around the subjects we cover here.
We also occasionally share links containing good information about transport topics that we know we just don’t have time to cover. We also all, as authors, occasionally write elsewhere on this or tangentially related subjects.
This week’s reading list is below. If you’ve got something you feel we should read or include in a future list, don’t forget to email us at [email protected].
- Soon Madrid will ban cars from its main street – City Lab
- River Bus Pier Change – Embankment Pier close for emergency repair works – Thames Clippers
- London’s train lab – Londonist
- A peak inside Buffalo’s abandoned art deco terminal – Atlas Obscura
- Lego Simulation of Tampa Bay Bridge plans – Tampa Bay
- Michael Schabas brings lessons from London to Toronto transit – University of Toronto
- Stephenson’s Aerial Tubeway (Britannia Bridge, Wales) – The Beauty of Transport
- The Tube Strike was a test of Sadiq Khan’s leadership and he flunked it – Mayorwatch
And finally a Friday listen: