Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. This week’s lineup: • Schematic railway maps in advertising (Retours) • Elon Musk’s Tesla technutopia has a parking problem (StreetsBlog) • Heathrow Express adds blue platform gap lighting (Rail Advent) • Britain’s most expensive train trip (Ian Visits) • Subtle side of British post-modernism (CityLab) • Six interesting metro maps (SmartRailWorld) • The story of the hovercraft (Engineering and Technology) • Threat to end ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Pedantic of Purley on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (16:24, 26 April 2018)
- ngh on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (09:01, 26 April 2018)
- timbeau on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (08:16, 26 April 2018)
- ngh on The Kent Route Study (Part 2): Crossrail to Gravesend (08:44, 25 April 2018)
- James Lynch on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 2 (21:25, 22 April 2018)