Some readers may already be aware of the current consultation on the pedestrianisation of Oxford Street between Orchard Street (just to the west of Selfridges) and Oxford Circus. This is part of a programme to realise some of the Mayor’s manifesto commitments. Unfortunately, in the minds of many, the scheme has become equated with removing buses (and other remaining traffic) from this section of Oxford Street. It’s only collateral damage In reality, in the context of the overall ...
Elon Musk has made no secret that he wants to solve Los Angeles’ traffic woes with underground tunnels, where cars could bolt below the city at speeds of more than 100 miles per hour. The billionaire entrepreneur says his project, dubbed Loop, would be a “significant public benefit” that unsnarls traffic. He claims he can finish burrowing a 17-mile tunnel between Sherman Oaks and LAX by the end of 2018. The Boring Company, Musk’s tunneling company, is already at work building a test ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (03:04, 24 January 2018)
- James on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (00:23, 24 January 2018)
- Martin on 2017 Quiz Answers (16:51, 23 January 2018)
- Herned on Crossrail: Finishing The Job (16:47, 23 January 2018)
- Graham H on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (18:02, 22 January 2018)