Some readers may already be aware of the current consultation on the pedestrianisation of Oxford Street between Orchard Street (just to the west of Selfridges) and Oxford Circus. This is part of a programme to realise some of the Mayor’s manifesto commitments. Unfortunately, in the minds of many, the scheme has become equated with removing buses (and other remaining traffic) from this section of Oxford Street. It’s only collateral damage In reality, in the context of the overall ...
Elon Musk has made no secret that he wants to solve Los Angeles’ traffic woes with underground tunnels, where cars could bolt below the city at speeds of more than 100 miles per hour. The billionaire entrepreneur says his project, dubbed Loop, would be a “significant public benefit” that unsnarls traffic. He claims he can finish burrowing a 17-mile tunnel between Sherman Oaks and LAX by the end of 2018. The Boring Company, Musk’s tunneling company, is already at work building a test ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Albert J. P. on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (20:21, 17 June 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (16:15, 17 June 2019)
- Bob on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (14:30, 17 June 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (12:53, 17 June 2019)
- Stunt_Pants on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:45, 16 June 2019)