Electric versions of London’s famous black cabs are hitting the capital’s streets today in preparation for the introduction of the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) next year. The vehicles come with a range of new features including Wi-Fi, USB charging and a sunroof. The six-seat, battery-powered cabs have a range up to 650km and passenger fares are slated to match those of their diesel predecessors, so users can go green at no additional cost. They can travel 80 miles on a single battery ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: Breaking Down the Crisis (08:37, 14 December 2018)
- Herned on Crossrail: A Hole New World (09:45, 13 December 2018)
- Aleks on Further Oyster Expansion Beyond London Under Discussion (20:05, 12 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (19:42, 12 December 2018)
- ngh on Back to the Future: (Re)lengthening and Shortening at Waterloo (07:07, 11 December 2018)