That wasn’t the only green measure in the latest budget either. As predicted, the UK’s Conservative government’s new budget includes a “call for evidence” for how taxes and other mechanisms could be used to reduce single-use plastic waste. But that’s by no means the only green feature of the latest budget. Other measures include: — £400m ($530m) for electric vehicle charging infrastructure — £100m ($132m) for a plug-in car grant — £40m ($53m) for ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 19 October 2018 (00:26, 21 October 2018)
- dm1 on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (23:51, 20 October 2018)
- Graham H on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (21:25, 20 October 2018)
- Aleks on TfL Make Changes To Bus Transfer Tickets (21:07, 20 October 2018)
- ngh on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (17:18, 18 October 2018)