That wasn’t the only green measure in the latest budget either. As predicted, the UK’s Conservative government’s new budget includes a “call for evidence” for how taxes and other mechanisms could be used to reduce single-use plastic waste. But that’s by no means the only green feature of the latest budget. Other measures include: — £400m ($530m) for electric vehicle charging infrastructure — £100m ($132m) for a plug-in car grant — £40m ($53m) for ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on In Pictures: A Walk On The Widened Lines (10:12, 21 July 2018)
- Walthamstow Writer on Friday Reads – 20 July 2018 (01:27, 21 July 2018)
- Frank on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (01:22, 21 July 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (08:02, 21 July 2018)
- MikeC on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (21:20, 20 July 2018)