That wasn’t the only green measure in the latest budget either. As predicted, the UK’s Conservative government’s new budget includes a “call for evidence” for how taxes and other mechanisms could be used to reduce single-use plastic waste. But that’s by no means the only green feature of the latest budget. Other measures include: — £400m ($530m) for electric vehicle charging infrastructure — £100m ($132m) for a plug-in car grant — £40m ($53m) for ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (03:04, 24 January 2018)
- James on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (00:23, 24 January 2018)
- Martin on 2017 Quiz Answers (16:51, 23 January 2018)
- Herned on Crossrail: Finishing The Job (16:47, 23 January 2018)
- Graham H on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (18:02, 22 January 2018)