Barcelona’s Line 9, currently under construction, is very interesting for many reasons: It will be the longest metro line in Europe, with 48 km in total The metro line will be completely automated The construction is based on the idea of a single 12-metre wide tunnel, large enough to hold 2 tracks (plus platform) on two levels The stations are nearly completely enclosed inside the envelope of the tunnel Despite the high complexity of the line, the overall cost is quite reasonable The metro ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- 100andthirty on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (07:14, 22 November 2017)
- Ben on Friday Reads – November 10, 2017 (18:11, 21 November 2017)
- Anonymous on Third World Class Capacity: The Austerity Upgrades (16:35, 21 November 2017)
- Glenn Wallis on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (21:16, 20 November 2017)
- Philip on Friday Reads – November 17, 2017 (20:25, 20 November 2017)