Barcelona’s Line 9, currently under construction, is very interesting for many reasons: It will be the longest metro line in Europe, with 48 km in total The metro line will be completely automated The construction is based on the idea of a single 12-metre wide tunnel, large enough to hold 2 tracks (plus platform) on two levels The stations are nearly completely enclosed inside the envelope of the tunnel Despite the high complexity of the line, the overall cost is quite reasonable The metro ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (18:07, 21 August 2018)
- timbeau on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (17:58, 21 August 2018)
- Long Branch Mike on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (08:06, 21 August 2018)
- Rog (1londonblog) on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (19:19, 19 August 2018)
- Dstock7080 on London Underground: The Forgotten Digital Railway (10:46, 19 August 2018)