The Toronto Transit Commission has launched what it describes as a bold new public awareness campaign targeting sexual harassment, racism, homophobia and other troubling behaviour on the system. The initiative, dubbed “This Is Where…” was announced Wednesday and includes posters that will be placed on vehicles and in stations, as well as a website and social media campaign. The launch of the awareness blitz was accompanied by the rollout of a new mobile app called SafeTTC, which will ...
Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. This week’s lineup: • Last Paddington WaterTaxi free ride today (This Is Paddington) • Computer model of Hobbs End Underground station (Coroflot) • Old train carriage converted into restaurant (DesignBoom) • The Cockfosters Extension – Southgate station (1LondonBlog) • 12 big cities commit to electric-only buses & fossil-fuel-free zones (TreeHugger) • Vertical Circulation in Paris and New York (Pedestrian Observations) ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mark Townend on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (01:46, 16 January 2019)
- BGORUG SECRETARY on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (01:38, 16 January 2019)
- RayJayK on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (22:29, 14 January 2019)
- Twopenny Tube on Narrowing the Options and Raising the Cash: The Battersea Northern Line Extension Moves Forward (09:16, 12 January 2019)
- Graham H on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (08:28, 12 January 2019)