The Toronto Transit Commission has launched what it describes as a bold new public awareness campaign targeting sexual harassment, racism, homophobia and other troubling behaviour on the system. The initiative, dubbed “This Is Where…” was announced Wednesday and includes posters that will be placed on vehicles and in stations, as well as a website and social media campaign. The launch of the awareness blitz was accompanied by the rollout of a new mobile app called SafeTTC, which will ...
Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. This week’s lineup: • Last Paddington WaterTaxi free ride today (This Is Paddington) • Computer model of Hobbs End Underground station (Coroflot) • Old train carriage converted into restaurant (DesignBoom) • The Cockfosters Extension – Southgate station (1LondonBlog) • 12 big cities commit to electric-only buses & fossil-fuel-free zones (TreeHugger) • Vertical Circulation in Paris and New York (Pedestrian Observations) ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ap on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (14:22, 23 February 2018)
- Hayes Cyclist on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (21:41, 22 February 2018)
- Herned on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:42, 22 February 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on How Can You Mend A Broken Railway? Thameslink and the Gibb Report (21:37, 21 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Horrible Holborn: When Postponement Is Not An Option (19:59, 21 February 2018)