Volvo worked in collaboration with Swedish waste service company Renova to develop this high-tech truck. It’s got a pre-programmed trash route set in the computer, allowing it to drive from site to site without human aid. This simplifies the collection service, enabling the onboard crew to work solely on picking up trash without having to get in and out of the truck. Volvo further supports this idea by saying autonomy will cut down on workplace injuries, both short- and long-term, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Taz on London Underground: The Forgotten Digital Railway (21:44, 20 May 2018)
- Greg Tingey on And it Moves Us All: East Coast To Be Renationalised (19:54, 20 May 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (19:50, 20 May 2018)
- Long Branch Mike on Garden Bridge Review: Mike Brown and Andy Brown Transcript (17:05, 18 May 2018)
- Mark Townend on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (16:21, 18 May 2018)