Volvo worked in collaboration with Swedish waste service company Renova to develop this high-tech truck. It’s got a pre-programmed trash route set in the computer, allowing it to drive from site to site without human aid. This simplifies the collection service, enabling the onboard crew to work solely on picking up trash without having to get in and out of the truck. Volvo further supports this idea by saying autonomy will cut down on workplace injuries, both short- and long-term, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Librarian on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (07:40, 18 August 2018)
- Brighton Reader on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (06:40, 18 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)