One of the rules of LR is that the more innocuous the title, the more interesting a TfL committee paper is likely to be. Additional New Rolling Stock for London Overground for the October 2017 Programmes and Investment Committee certainly meets this criterion. A time-limited offer! By way of introduction, the paper explains that additional rolling stock is needed for both the Barking Riverside Extension, now that it has been authorised, and to increase the service on the East London Line (ELL) ...
The MBTA partnered with BostonBRT to pilot all-door boarding on Silver Line routes 4 and 5 (Washington Street) from May 24th to June 6th, 2017. The goal was to measure how service improved when passengers could board at each door instead of lining up at the front door. Before the pilot began, the MBTA and BostonBRT identified several different metrics on which the SL 4/5 was expected to improve during the pilot, including reliability, reduced dwell time, and customer satisfaction. For the MBTA ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- 100andthirty on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (07:14, 22 November 2017)
- Ben on Friday Reads – November 10, 2017 (18:11, 21 November 2017)
- Anonymous on Third World Class Capacity: The Austerity Upgrades (16:35, 21 November 2017)
- Glenn Wallis on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (21:16, 20 November 2017)
- Philip on Friday Reads – November 17, 2017 (20:25, 20 November 2017)