Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. If you have something you feel we should read or include in a future list, please email us at [email protected] It’s not about the black cabs (LR’s own JB moonlighting at the Guardian) TfL’s Lost Property Office boutique (Londonist) London Squared map (After the flood) John Ogilby his BRITANNIA road atlas of 1675, analysed (Info We Trust) Instead of banning cars from its centre, Oslo banned parking (Guardian) ...
TfL is on course to form a joint venture partnership with a consortium of property developers in order to build new housing on the 280-bay car park it owns opposite Blackhorse Road station in Waltham Forest. The transport body has announced that BLLQ, a company formed by commercial developer Barratt London and the London and Quadrant housing association, is its “preferred bidder” to be part of the joint venture, whose purpose will be to build approximately 350 new dwellings on the site for ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Long Branch Mike on Word of the Year: Crayonista (18:51, 18 September 2018)
- ngh on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (13:56, 18 September 2018)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 14 September 2018 (12:00, 18 September 2018)
- Mark Townend on And it Moves Us All: East Coast To Be Renationalised (15:52, 17 September 2018)
- Ian J on Horrible Holborn: When Postponement Is Not An Option (01:42, 17 September 2018)