The question of just how many Uber drivers there are in London has been at the centre of the current debate. Not least because Uber themselves have made it so. Indeed the “40,000 jobs” figure received not one, but two mentions in Uber’s immediate statement after the decision had been made. 3.5 million Londoners who use our app, and more than 40,000 licensed drivers who rely on Uber to make a living, will be astounded by this decision. By wanting to ban our app from the capital ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on The Kent Route Study (Part 2): Crossrail to Gravesend (10:56, 24 April 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (10:02, 24 April 2018)
- ngh on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (08:39, 24 April 2018)
- Graham H on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (08:22, 24 April 2018)
- James Lynch on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 2 (21:25, 22 April 2018)