Japan Railways wants to build a team of robots to help travelers, catch criminals in its stations. On July 5 East Japan Railways announced the formation of JRE Robotics Station. While that may sound like a special train station for robots to use as they make their way around the country, the truth is a little different, though no less cool. Despite the name, Japan Railways does more than operate a train network. The company is also part of the property management, hospitality, and technology ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Alan Griffiths on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (20:16, 19 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (14:45, 19 August 2019)
- AlanBG on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (14:02, 19 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)